Our Lady Queen of Peace Roman Catholic Church “Building a faith family for families of faith.” The parish was founded by the late Monsignor Joseph V. Buckley, as a mission of St. Francis Xavier Church, which at the time was a largest parish in Southeast, Washington, DC. June 1948 to 1958 – Reverend James H. Brooks was assigned and served at Our Lady Queen of Peace Parish as the First Resident Pastor of the growing community located in the area of East Capitol Street and Benning Road. The land was purchased for a construction of the church at Ridge Road and Ely Place, SE. Construction of the new church proceeded rapidly and on Christmas Eve of 1951, Mass was celebrated for the first time in Our Lady Queen of Peace building. The New Year of 1952 began a regular schedule of Masses and religious services in the parish church. His Excellency, the Most Reverend Patrick O’Boyle, blessed the cornerstone dedicated the church building.